Thursday 7 May 2009

Stuff that has been going down

Again, I have been a total slacker with blogging, and so many things have happened since my last one.

My first year is also over,

  • Degree work-wise: In Psychology have earned myself a range of marks including two 1s, a 2:2 and even a fail. The subject is going well, the in-class tests are deceptively hard it is possible to fail multiple choice exams, especially if you have been missing teaching. Research methods has been a tough one this year, it has been very different to anything i've learned and SPSS well its a bit of a pain in the bum! Early childhood studies has been challenging in places with the Services for Children and Families leaving me stressed and the presentation for Anti-Discriminatory Practice, leaving me worried about the outcome of my first year, as the marks from this year don't count the main worry is passing at a good level.
  • Christian life-wise: This has been presenting some major challenges to my faith, having left St Andrews, a support network that was of great importance to me, and coming to Canterbury where I didn't know anyone was a great challenge. I have been trying to see what churches around this area may offer, the City Church was my first stop, mainly because they offered a mini bus straight from the University. They had really good opportunities and was offered to join the fresher cell group within a week. This was really useful as it allowed me to find out who was going to this church as was a christian on campus. However after a while i've started to realise that this church may not be right for me, it may be perhaps that i haven't attended the church enough but have tried other churches such as SMB (St Mary Bredin) and the Vineyard Church that meets on campus. I feel I have lost the simple trust in my faith yet, saying that, I still trust that God is there for me and I just have to listen more. 
  • Social and friend-wise: This is something I love talking about, the friends I have met at University are all so different but compliment each other so well. They are all lovely and it has been lovely getting to know them.
Well although these are only three aspects of my life I am very tired and will have to carry this on at another time. 

Logging off and hoping I will remember to come back

Mad 1

No comments: